microcut® Transcend – Clamp/Cut Control System
microcut® Transcend Clamp/Cut Control System allows any flywheel cyclical paper cutting machine to be brought up to modern standards. The system is a complete clamp/cut control system that can replace an existing control system and is available as an OEM package for new machines.
(The system requires installation of a microcut PLUS WS backgauge control system for the operator interface.)
The microcut® Transcend Control System Components:
Transcend Control PCB: Controls all clamping, cutting and safety pin operation. Safety and expansion CPUs for monitoring, cross verification and full machine control.
Knife Position Monitor: Monitors and sends knife motion and position status to the control system.
Clamp Encoder Assembly (optional): Monitors clamp motion for clamp lead (knife delay). Can interface to MIS system for paper height computations.
Power panel: Interfaces the AC power components (main motor, air motor) and circuit breakers (H3 drive and DC power supplies).
Safety Curtains: The system can interface with multiple curtain options.
microcut® Transcend Features
- Full machine control with dual channel internal control
- Two independent CPUs
- Two independent oscillator-controlled fail safe channels
- Two independent force-guided relays to control primary drive power
- Cross monitoring
- Full internal safety checking
- Full status and diagnostics shown in microcut® display
- Voltage options for clamp and cut solenoids
- Independent voltage option for safety pin power
- Auto cut option
- Clamp-only option
- Cut optimize operation for machines with independent locking valve
- Programmable clamp pressure
- Auto stop down option for knife adjustment
- Multiple safety curtain options
Additional Inputs for:
- Shear bolt(s)
- Foot treadle
- Air paddle
- Autotrim style table full in
- Oil filter
- Open inputs for future expansion
Additional Output Control for:
- Second air zone
- Load control
- Autotrim style table
- Air motor control