microcut JR® – Backgauge Control System
microcut JR® is designed to automate backgauge movement on any paper cutter, 37 inches (92 cm) or smaller. The benefits include increased productivity, greater accuracy and improved reliability.
An easy-to-read liquid crystal display, featuring icons and symbols, guides the operator through all programming operations. Set-up is fast and simple, with no complicated codes to memorize or reference. The current backgauge position is clearly displayed in inches, centimeters or millimeters, depending on operator preference.
microcut JR® moves the backgauge into the correct position faster and more accurately than skilled manual operation. The confidence of computer-controlled precision translates into significant productivity increases – often 50% and more. The system’s proprietary DC drive assures mechanical repeatability of the backgauge position to ± .002 inch (.05 mm) regardless of lead screw wear.
Advantages at a glance
- LCD graphical display
- 2,000 cut locations with 6-character job selection
- Limited to paper cutters up to 37” (92 cm) in size
- Modular, solid state circuitry
- Proprietary DC motor drive system
- Microprocessor-controlled, infinitely variable backgauge drive
- Automatic backgauge return
- Measurements in inches, centimeters, millimeters
- Program entry or correction, through the keyboard with the backgauge stationary or while cutting the lift
- Automatic computation and entry of fractions
- Insertion or deletion of commands from existing programs
- Stock eject, turnaround, loading points and job information
- Infinite lay compensate mode for as many sides as requested
- Non-volatile memory – no batteries required for memory support
- Optional auxiliary controls for air and/or brake
- Self-diagnostic electronics
|Repeatability of Backgauge Position:||± .002” (.05 mm)|
|Minimum Trim Cut:||.002” (.05 mm)|
|Speed Range:||24” to 960” per minute, both forward and reverse, depending on size and condition of cutter|