Horizon AF-406F Small-format Folder
The Standard Horizon AF-406F is a Small-format, Fully-automated 6-buckle Folder with pile feed and suction head with an optional 6-buckle second unit that can be added straight or cross wise, for sheet sizes from 1.97” x 3.94” up to 16.92” x 25.98”. Small folds down to .79”can be performed. This provides application flexibility, especially for the insert and pharmaceutical markets. The AF-406F has 17 pre-set fold patterns. For production efficiency, 200 custom jobs can be stored in memory for easy recall, with automated make-ready in seconds. A user-friendly 10.4” color touchscreen control panel displays all common fold formats and sheet sizes for easy selection and automated set-up.
Advantages At a Glance:
- Advanced Automated Set-up Functions – Each section is set automatically by selecting the sheet size and fold pattern on the touchscreen.
- Pharmaceutical Folds – A selection of folding rollers are available to fold various types of sheets including thinner sheets for pharmaceutical.
- Stable Feeding – A superior suction feed system and feed table control provides stable feeding operation
- Scoring Roller Position Navigator – The scoring roller position navigator is equipped so that positioning of the scoring wheels are simple, fast and accurate.
- Memory Function – All the set-up information can be stored in job memory for easy recall.
- 6 + 6-Buckle Modular – 6 + 6-buckle modular concept allows simple to complex fold patterns.
- Long Table Option (factory option) – Extended table model is also available to feed sheet lengths up to 43.310” (1,100 mm).
- JDF Workflow – The system can be further enhanced with Horizon’s pXnet bindery control system which integrates JDF workflow from upstream devices.
|Maximum Sheet Size:||21.97′′ W x 33.46′′ L|
|Minimum Sheet Size:||5.04′′ W x 5.83′′ L|
|Stock Weight Range:||35 to 244 gsm (uncoated paper)|
|Folding Speed:||Up to 42,000 sheets per minute|